Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hello, Bonjour to all!

Well, we're at day 6 folks. Time is flying! Each day I've been going downtown, just hanging around, and merely looking at what a great city we have. Just to think, a few months ago, I couldn't wait to get out of here to go to some university back east. I now see how foolish this thinking was. Who would want to leave the Best Place on Earth? Cause, we are true to our name. Im so proud of our city, and I feel so priviliged to have been born in Richmond and raised here. As I was watching the opening ceremonies, I was totally and fully engaged. I couldn't believe it was BC Place I was looking at! It was so beautiful and I can imagine other countries being jealous of us! I loved the opening, when they started of: 1929,___ country, 1988 Calgary, then when they got to 2010 Vancouver! The crowd went wild, and so did I. I'm not a sappy person, but I couldn't help but have a small swell in the eye. I don't think I've ever bursted with so much pride. Proud to be living here. Proud to be Canadian. Nikki Yanofsky was good. I didn't so much like the arrangment, but she is a phenominal singer and I love her song Believe. While watching the ceremonies, from the comfort of my leather couch, I was so amazed by the amount of work a lot of people have put into it. I have put on many events and performed a lot and I know how much work goes into things like this. And the whole world was watching us. Finally! We won't be known solely as "the place where the Twilight films are filmed." I loved when Betty Fox, Anne Murray, Bobby Orr, Gretzky, Rick Hansen held the flag/lit the torch. I don't think I'll ever in my lifetime see so many great Canadians standing in the same room ever again. It was mind blowing. I think with the Olympics, and especially after my trip to Ottawa with the Encounters With Canada program, I am more aware of being Canadian and know more about our history. Heck, I even have my renewal citizenship paper and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms hanging on my bedroom wall. You can't get any more Canadian than that.

Pendant le ceremonies ouvertes, ils ont le legende Quebecois! C'est la chaisse galerie! J'ai lu cette legende dans ma classe de francais. J'etais tres fiere que je savais le legende. Et il y a un homme qui chanter en Francais. Nikki Yanofsky a chante O Canada en Francais un peu aussi. Maintenant, il y a le controversy. Les personnes disaient que il n'y a pas beaucoup de francophone. Donc, dans le ceremonies fermes, VANOC aurait plus de francophone teneur. Et j'agree, je pense que il devrait beaucoup de teneur francophone. Francais est le deuxieme langue au Canada. C'est partie de notre pays. Je pense que les anglophones n'accepte pas les francophones. Les anglophones ne fait pas un effort a apprendre le langue et culture. Je pense que les anglophones devrait accepter la communite francophone beaucoup.

So tomorrow, I will be going to the medal ceremony, featuring Hedley! Post to come tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment